Half a Life-Time
That scatterbrained feeling you got when you turned a year older yet again still sailing along post-nursing-grad-transitions. It was alarmingly bothering, I should know. Alongside with the few streaks of wrinkles and physiological aging changes, embracing the thought “Age is just a number” has never been this best for me
Also, say a thankful prayer, face the mirror and exhale a cheery “happy 25th birthday!The ride called life has been great just like you. Smile, you’re still standing and amazing.”
Turned 25 last Tuesday, more than thankful I’ve lived this quite long. “Everybody’s lost at 25”, they said. I know I will find my way and dock at the right place where I should be. At any rate, the unsought events and life learning experiences I’ve gained along the way are invaluable.
So how did one celebrate her birthday when she didn’t have any plans to do so? Few people planned it for her though.
woke up and prepared my own birthday breakfast, “hello, I’m 25 today’!
went out for a “pamper thyself day”–massage&nail care
a dear friend geared up for dinner.Took me by surprise for the 2nd time!
post birthday treat from the boss, lunch buffet at Cafe Marco but stuffed myself up with healthy servings still
The birthday girl, too shy for a pose
To end, these things I know to be true at 25.
- The meaningful messages of heart-touching songs, poems and bittersweet life stories only unfold to you when you really experience them first hand. They become more itched and felt in the heart.
- Struggles make you beautiful. Overcoming them entails your individuality.
- We all go through the torn stage of loving others or loving our self more.
- Having a best laid plan for life is necessary. Just be open for spontaneous changes. Don’t let frustrations get you.
- Sleep and good life-style habits are vital. Make them your best buddies; you’ll go a long journey.
- This is the youngest you’ll ever be and the oldest you can be at the moment. Stray away from the critical-young-idealist you once were ( gone are those days). Keep the optimism. Keep the faith. Believe in the beauty of life.Be happy. Cheers for the 25 years!